Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionMichael and the Little Starling is a children's book about a homeless couple living in Tent City, a homeless camp in Lakewood, New.Jersey. Michael and his wife Lady Marilyn are residents of the camp where they care for injured and homeless animals. While walking in the woods, Michael finds an injured starling and takes him back to his camp where he and his wife Marilyn nurse the little bird back to health. While careing for the little starling, to their supprise, they find that the little bird is able to speak. The book is illustrated by North Dover Elementary School Art Teacher Shelby Hand and the students in her Art Enrichment Program. The students at North Dover Elementary School have taken the homeless issue on as a class project this school year. They hope to raise public awareness of the plight of the homeless in New Jersey. All profits raised from the sale of Michael and the Little Starling will go to the homeless comittee of Tent City, Lakewood, New Jersey, to care for the basic needs of it's residents.
- Author BiographyThom Cherney is the author of two poetry books, Dreamstreet and At the back Door, and a children's book, The Little Mouse at the Back School Door.
- Author(s)Thom Cherney
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight73 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.