All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMichelangelo is considered one of the greatest poets of the sixteenth century. He also filled hundreds of sheets of paper with exquisite drawings, many of which went on to become some of the most celebrated masterpieces of all-time. Organized chrologically, this collection combines the artist's own words with his sketches and finished artwork. His letters about the Sistine Chapel and Pope Julius, for example, will be illustrated with sketches he would have been working on at the time he was writing. The writing and art is selected by Carolyn Vaughan, former editor at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, who provides fascinating commentary and insights into the material throughout the book.
- Author BiographyCarolyn Vaughan is a former editor at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York and at the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston. She has edited dozens of exhibition catalogues and compiled numbers of books. She is also the author of Gold and Frankincense and Myrrh: Gifts of the Magi; Invitation to Ballet; and three FANDEX Guides: The Great Western Painters, First Ladies, and New York City.
- Author(s)Carolyn Vaughan
- PublisherBlack Dog & Leventhal Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication24/03/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlack Dog & Leventhal Publishers Inc
- Content Note200 drawings and illustrations in 2 and 4 colour
- Weight742 g
- Width163 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.