All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe when-to and how-to schedule for growing, caring for, and maintaining your Great Lakes State garden! Never garden alone! The Month-by-Month Gardening series is the perfect companion to take the guesswork out of gardening. With this book, you'll kw what to do each month to have gardening success all year, from January to December. It's full of the when-to and how-tos of gardening along with richly illustrated step-by-step instructions, so you can garden with confidence. Reap the benefits of the gardening successes of author Melinda Myers, who has over thirty years of horticulture experience. With a fresh look and updated information, Michigan Month-by-Month Gardening includes all the when-to and how-to information that has made these books so popular over the years, presented in a new, easier-to-use format with more full-color photography and the most current information available. Complete with specific advice on growing flowers (both annuals and perennials), bulbs, grasses, roses, groundcovers, shrubs, trees, and vines, this book is one garden lover will want to miss! In the winter, certain tasks are needed to plan for and improve the next growing season. And once things really start growing in the spring and summer, you'll find advice on the best way to get the most beautiful flowers, the lushest lawns, and the sturdiest trees. From planting to watering and fertilizing, and from maintenance to problem solving, Michigan Month-by-Month Gardening shows all levels of gardeners the best practices to grow satisfying and rewarding results.
- Author BiographyNationally known gardening expert, TV and radio host, author, and columnist MELINDA MYERS has more than thirty years of horticulture experience. She has written over twenty gardening books, including Can't Miss Small Space Gardening, The Garden Book for Wisconsin, Minnesota Gardener's Guide, Month-by-Month Gardening in Wisconsin, the Perfect Lawn Midwest series, as well as the Midwest Gardener's Handbook and Michigan Getting Started Garden Guide. In addition to authoring books, Myers hosts the nationally syndicated Melinda's Garden Moment segments that air on over 115 TV and radio stations throughout the United States. She is also the instructor for The Great Course How to Grow DVD series. She also has a column in Gardening How-to magazine and Wisconsin Gardening magazine. Melinda hosted The Plant Doctor radio program for over twenty years as well as seven seasons of Great Lakes Gardener on PBS. She has written articles for Better Homes and Gardens and Fine Gardening magazines and was a columnist and contributing editor for Backyard Living magazine. Melinda has a master's degree in horticulture, is a certified arborist, and was a horticulture instructor with tenure. Melinda Myers' many accomplishments include starting the Master Gardener program in Milwaukee County, two Garden Media Awards (a Garden Globe Award for radio talent and a Quill and Trowel Award for her television work), both from the Garden Writers Association, the American Horticultural Society's B.Y. Morrison Communication Award for effective and inspirational communication, and she was the first woman inducted into the Wisconsin Green Industry Federation Hall of Fame. Visit with Melinda on her website, www.melindamyers.com.
- Author(s)Melinda Myers
- PublisherCool Springs Press
- Date of Publication18/12/2014
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCool Springs Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width179 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.