All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $30.84Trending at AU $33.28
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 1960s and 70s, Michigan State College transformed into the major research institution kwn today as Michigan State University, a true megaversity. Michigan State University, the final volume of this trilogy, explores the history of that transformation and the growing pains the school endured as it became a part of the American Association of Universities. From President John A. Hannah s vision, the new university has been defined by rapid expansion, growth, new opportunities, and the occasional crisis. Its development has been a massive undertaking that marshaled individuals, research interests, federal funds, state appropriations, and more. Through the vicissitudes of government funding and other challenges, the university has established itself as a rewned research and educational institution with a remarkably rich array of facilities, scientists, and researchers who continue to make landmark contributions to their fields. At the same time it has strived to be kwn for its accessibility, diversity, equality of opportunity, and antidiscrimination policies and practices. Michigan State University sheds new light on the growth of this dynamic and multifaceted institution.
- Author BiographyDouglas A. Noverr is Professor Emeritus at the Department of Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures at Michigan State University.
- Author(s)Douglas A Noverr
- PublisherMichigan State University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMichigan State University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1315 g
- Width213 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.