Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.99+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booksourcesonlineaustralia
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $3.00+ postage
- Good condition
- Sold by corriganfam
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMick Fanning might only be 28 but he already kws how a lot of things feel that most of us never will. How does it feel to lose a brother? Win a world title? Rip your hamstring muscle clean off the bone? Weave through a zippering Superbank barrel for 20 or 30 seconds or paddle over the ledge at places like Pipeline and Teahupo? Have scoliosis so bad you can't get off the floor? Address the NSW state of origin team before a match, bowl to Matty Hayden and have Dave Warner belt you for consecutive sixes? Walk into the bar of a Brasilian hotel dressed only in a bikini to make your mates laugh, only to find your mates have left, and there is only a puzzled bartender staring blankly at you? You'll tice that t all these experiences fall neatly on one side of the ledger of good or bad. Mick's journey so far has definitely been a mixed bag, but it is the extremes of that journey that make him so interesting, and his readiness to learn from each experience and use it as fuel to drive him on that might provide lessons for the rest of us. Mick's only young but he already exudes a quiet wisdom beyond his years, and w he's ready to share it with anyone wanting to further their surfing, whether competitively or for sheer pleasure. Mick tells his life story candidly - in turns funny, sensitive, thoughtful, self-deprecating - while providing intimate insights into the personal lessons gained along the way - with practical tips on surfing technique, fitness, nutrition, board design, travel, competitive strategies and mental clarity. Mick has overcome personal tragedy and career-threatening injury on his way to claiming the 2007 world surfing title. Universally ackwledged as the most focused and driven competitive surfer of his era, Mick's approach to surfing, sports psychology, life and relationships, makes fascinating reading.
- Author BiographyTim Baker is a former editor of Tracks and Surfing Life magazines, and co-author of Bustin' Down the Door, the biography of surfing champion Wayne 'Rabbit' Bartholomew. He has also edited and contributed to an anthology of Australian surf writing, Waves - Great Stories From The Surf, and wrote High Surf, which profiles the world's most inspiring surfers and Occy, written with surfing legend Mark Occhilupo.
- Author(s)Mick Fanning,Tim Baker
- PublisherRandom House Australia
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationFerntree Gully, VIC
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2011
- ImprintEbury Australia
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight269 g
- Width129 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.