All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionTeachers are constantly challenged to find imaginative ways to bring alive the subject matter prescribed in programmes of study. This is where the Mick Waters introduces series comes in. With plenty of practical ideas and all the advice you'll need to get started, Teaching with flowers is a comprehensive introduction to using flowers as a medium by which to explore a range of learning themes and develop cross-curricular skills with children. Reinforce their understanding of angles, scale and proportion while creating beautiful arrangements. Let the symbolism of flowers introduce your class to big issues, like war and peace, the Holocaust, and celebrations in other cultures. Use flowers to explore the work of great artists, and maybe even encourage the children to become one themselves. If you are looking for hands-on activities to shake up your usual classroom routine, look further. Julie Warburton has provided everything you need to get started; discover for yourself the transformative effects of teaching with flowers in this imaginative, thoughtful and beautiful book. Teaching with flowers is a new edition to the Mick Waters introduces series.Mick is perhaps best kwn as former Director of the Curriculum at QCA (Qualifications and Curriculum Authority) and in this series of books he introduces a selection of the very best in practical resources for the curriculum. For teachers of children aged 9 - 12 in all subject disciplines.
- Author BiographyJulie Warburton started her teaching career in an inner-city school, moving on to school management before working on the wider educational agenda with Black Country Challenge as a teaching and learning consultant, working with a range of primary and secondary schools on transition and literacy.
- Author(s)Julie Warburton
- PublisherIndependent Thinking Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCarmarthen
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIndependent Thinking Press
- Content Noteillustrations (colour)
- Weight599 g
- Width280 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMick Waters
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.