Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionThe rapidly emerging fields of natechlogy and na-fabrication have enabled the creation of new sensors with dramatic improvements in sensitivity and range, along with substantial miniaturization. And, although there are many books on natechlogy, recent advances in micro and na-scale sensors and transducers are t adequately represented in most books. This book fills that gap. Micro- and Na-Scale Sensors and Transducers provides a summary of the state of the art in sensor and transducer techlogy. Teaching you how to make more informed selections of sensors or transducers for particular applications, it describes the differences between new sensor and transducer techlogies based on natechlogy and na-fabrication and the older or classical sensor techlogies. The book presents the new structures of pressure sensors being used in such applications as mechanical pressure sensing, gas pressure sensing, and atmospheric pressure sensing. It illustrates the vel structures and characteristics of new motion and acceleration sensors. Describing highly sensitive miniature gas and smoke sensors based on na-structured electrodes, the book presents vel techniques for detecting atmospheric moisture and moisture inside small electronic components. It also covers applications of optoelectronic and photonic sensors. The book examines multi-purpose biological and chemical analysis devices where each device is fully contained in one integrated circuit (Lab on a Chip) as well as other advanced chemical and biological sensors. It describes electric, magnetic, and RF / microwave sensors and their applications and also considers integrated sensor / actuator units and special-purpose sensors. Each chapter in the book includes a set of quizzes / short questions, along with answers.
- Author BiographyEzzat G. Bakhoum received a B.S. degree from Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, in 1986; M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from Duke University, Durham, NC, USA, in 1989 and 1994, respectively, all in electrical engineering. From 1994 to 1996, he served as a Senior Engineer and Managing Partner at ESD Research, Inc., Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. From 1996 to 2000, he worked as a Senior Engineer at Lockheed Martin/L3 Communications, Inc., Camden, New Jersey. From 2000 to 2005, Dr. Bakhoum served as a Lecturer in the Electrical Engineering Department at the New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, New Jersey. Dr. Bakhoum is currently an Associate Professor at the University of West Florida.
- Author(s)Ezzat G. Bakhoum
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication22/04/2015
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note127 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.