All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionTo harness the high-throughput potential of DNA microarray techlogy, it is crucial that the analysis stages of the process are decoupled from the requirements of operator assistance. Microarray Image Analysis: An Algorithmic Approach presents an automatic system for microarray image processing to make this decoupling a reality. The proposed system integrates and extends traditional analytical-based methods and custom-designed vel algorithms. The book first explores a new technique that takes advantage of a multiview approach to image analysis and addresses the challenges of applying powerful traditional techniques, such as clustering, to full-scale microarray experiments. It then presents an effective feature identification approach, an invative technique that renders highly detailed surface models, a new approach to subgrid detection, a vel technique for the background removal process, and a useful technique for removing ise. The authors also develop an expectation-maximization (EM) algorithm for modeling gene regulatory networks from gene expression time series data. The final chapter describes the overall benefits of these techniques in the biological and computer sciences and reviews future research topics. This book systematically brings together the fields of image processing, data analysis, and molecular biology to advance the state of the art in this important area. Although the text focuses on improving the processes involved in the analysis of microarray image data, the methods discussed can be applied to a broad range of medical and computer vision analysis areas.
- Author BiographyKarl Fraser is a research fellow in the Centre for Intelligent Data Analysis at Brunel University. Zidong Wang is a professor of dynamical systems and computing in the Department of Information Systems and Computing at Brunel University. Xiaohu Liu is a professor of computing and head of the Centre for Intelligent Data Analysis at Brunel University.
- Author(s)Karl Fraser,Xiaohu Liu,Zidong Wang
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Computer Science & Data Analysis
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 16
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note134 black & white illustrations
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.