All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionFunctional gemics--the deconstruction of the geme to determine the biological function of genes and gene interactions--is one of the most fruitful new areas of biology. The growing use of DNA microarrays allows researchers to assess the expression of tens of thousands of genes at a time. This quantitative change has led to qualitative progress in our ability to understand regulatory processes at the cellular level.This book provides a systematic introduction to the use of DNA microarrays as an investigative tool for functional gemics. The presentation is appropriate for readers from biology or bioinformatics. After presenting a framework for the design of microarray-driven functional gemics experiments, the book discusses the foundations for analyzing microarray data sets, gemic data-mining, the creation of standardized menclature and data models, clinical applications of functional gemics research, and the future of functional gemics.
- Author BiographyAtul J. Butte is an Assistant Professor of Medicine (Medical Informatics) and Pediatrics at the Stanford University School of Medicine.
- Author(s)Alvin Kho,Atul J. Butte,Isaac S. Kohane
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication16/09/2005
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleComputational Molecular Biology
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBradford Books
- Content Note95 illus.
- Weight522 g
- Width203 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.