All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionWhile introducing the principles and processes of industrial-level food canning, the volume clarifies the effects of microorganisms, their ecology, fate, and prevention in canning operations, as well as in other thermal processing techniques, such as aseptic packaging. It covers microbial spoilage and detection for vegetables, fruits, milk, meat and seafood from the raw food materials through individual unit operations, facility sanitation, and packaging. It thus offers a practical introduction to understanding, preventing and destroying microbe-based hazards in food plants that use thermal processes to preserve and package foods. The text surveys major spoilage and pathogenic microbes of interest, explaining their toxicity, product and safety effects, and the conditions of their destruction by heat treatment.
- Author(s)Jozsef Farkas,Tibor Deak
- PublisherDEStech Publications, Inc
- Date of Publication02/08/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationLancaster
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDEStech Publications, Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.