Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionNow fully adapted for the Europe, Middle East & Africa market, Microecomic Theory: Basic Principles and Extensions delivers cutting-edge treatment of microecomics together with an ideal level of mathematical rigour. Aimed directly at upper level undergraduate students and graduate students, the book teaches users how to work directly with theoretical tools, real-world applications, and the latest developments within the study of microecomics. It provides clear and accurate coverage of advanced microecomic concepts and illustrates how the theory applies to practical situations. In addition, the text's helps to build student intuition by including a new two-tier end-of-chapter problem that begins with simple numerical/mathematical exercises followed by more analytical, theoretical, and complex problems.
- Author BiographyDr. Walter Nicholson is the Ward H. Patton Emeritus Professor of Economics at Amherst College and a visiting professor at Ave Maria University, Naples, Florida. Throughout his teaching career, Dr. Nicholson has sought to develop in students an appreciation for the value of economic models in the study of important social questions. He also has enjoyed showing students some of the stranger things that economists have sought to model. Dr. Nicholson received his Ph.D. in economics from MIT. Most of his research is in the area of labor economics, especially policy questions related to unemployment. He lives in Naples, Florida and Montague, Massachusetts, where he and his wife enjoy the frequent visits of their eight grandchildren. Dr. Christopher Snyder is the Joel Z. and Susan Hyatt Professor of Economics at Dartmouth College, where he pursues research and teaching interests in microeconomic theory, industrial organization, and law and economics. He is a research associate in the National Bureau of Economic Research, serves on the board of the Industrial Organization Society, and is an associate editor of the Review of Industrial Organization. Snyder received his Ph.D. from MIT. His recent research has appeared in leading economics journals, including the Review of Economics and Statistics and Quarterly Journal of Economics. He lives in Hanover, New Hampshire, with his wife, who also teaches economics at Dartmouth, and three daughters. Adapting the book for the Europe, Middle East & Africa market for the first time, Robert Stewart is a South African Economics and Econometrics lecturer, researcher and developer based in Johannesburg.
- Author(s)Christopher Snyder,Robert Stewart,Walter Nicholson
- PublisherCengage Learning EMEA
- Date of Publication16/05/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCengage Learning EMEA
- Weight976 g
- Width195 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.