All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionMicroecomics in Context lays out the principles of microecomics in a manner that is thorough, up to date, and relevant to students. Like its counterpart, Macroecomics in Context, the book is uniquely attuned to ecomic realities. The in Context books offer affordability, accessible presentation, and engaging coverage of current policy issues from ecomic inequality and global climate change to taxes. Key features include: --Clear explanation of basic concepts and analytical tools, with advanced models presented in optional chapter appendices; --Presentation of policy issues in historical, institutional, social, political, and ethical context--an approach that fosters critical evaluation of the standard microecomic models, such as welfare analysis, labor markets, and market competition; --A powerful graphical presentation of various measures of well-being in the United States, from income inequality and educational attainment to home prices; --Broad definition of well-being using both traditional ecomic metrics and factors such as environmental quality, health, equity, and political inclusion; --New chapters on the ecomics of the environment, taxes and tax policy, common property and public goods, and welfare analysis; --Expanded coverage of high-interest topics such as behavioral ecomics, labor markets, and healthcare; --Full complement of instructor and student support materials online, including test banks and grading through Canvas.
- Author BiographyNeva Goodwin is Co-Director of the Global Development And Environment Institute at Tufts University, USA and Co-Chair of the Board of the New Economics Institute. Jonathan Harris is Senior Research Associate and Director, Theory and Education Program, Global Development and Environment Institute, Tufts University, USA. Julie Nelson is Department Chair and Professor of Economics, University of Massachusetts Boston, USA. Brian Roach is Research Associate, Theory and Education Program, Global Development and Environment Institute, Tufts University, USA. Mariano Torras is Professor in the Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics, Adelphi University, USA.
- Author(s)Brian Roach,Jonathan M. Harris,Julie A. Nelson,Mariano Torras,Neva Goodwin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication26/12/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationArmonk
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintM.E. Sharpe
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight793 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.