All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHydroelectricity is the world's largest-and cleanest-source of renewable -energy. But despite lively interest in renewables generally, there is an information vacuum about the smallest version of the techlogy dubbed the simplest, most reliable and least expensive way to generate power off grid. Highly illustrated and practical, Microhydro is the first complete book on the topic in a decade. Covering both AC and DC systems, it covers principles, design and site considerations, equipment options, and legal, environmental, and ecomic factors. Scott Davis has decades of experience operating, installing, designing, selling, and teaching about microhydro techlogy. An award-winner in the field, he currently works as a system designer and retailer with an alternative energy company for whom he has authored an on-line microhydro course.
- Author BiographyScott Davis is an award-winning renewable energy project developer with decades of experience operating, installing, designing, selling and teaching about microhydro technology. He is the founder and president of Yalakom Appropriate Technology, and the author of Microhydro: Clean Air From Water. Scott lives in Victoria, British Columbia.
- Author(s)Scott Davis
- PublisherNew Society Publishers
- Date of Publication01/07/2003
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationGabriola Island
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Society Publishers
- Content NoteB&W photographs and illustrations
- Weight328 g
- Width190 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Corrie Laschuk
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.