All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionMicroplastic Pollutants introduces the reader to the growing problem of microplastic pollution in the aquatic environment and is the first ever book dedicated exclusively to the subject of microplastics. Importantly, this timely full-colour illustrated multidisciplinary book highlights the very recent realization that microplastics may transport toxic chemicals into food chains around the world. Microplastic pollutants is currently an important topic in both industry and academia, as well as among legislative bodies, and research in this area is gaining considerable attention from both the worldwide media and scientific community on a rapidly increasing scale. Ultimately, this book provides an excellent source of reference and information on microplastics for scientists, engineers, students, industry, policy makers and citizens alike. * A detailed chrological history of plastic materials from their creation until the present day* Extensive review and discussion of the existing literature on the interactions of microplastics with chemical pollutants and their effects on aquatic life* Explanation and provision of the techniques used for the detection, separation and identification of microplastics* Detailed multidisciplinary information on the way in which plastic materials and microplastics behave in the aquatic environment* The provision of extensive multidisciplinary reference data relating to plastic materials and microplastics
- Author BiographyChristopher Blair Crawford. PhD - Researcher in Chemistry and award winning Scientist. As an experienced researcher and having achieved three Distinctions and two University Medals, he works in partnership with the government at his research institution in actively investigating the possible chemical interactions of microplastics and pollutants and identifying their potential as vectors for the uptake and trophic transfer of contaminants in the aquatic environment. Brian Quinn PhD. - Researcher in Biology and award winning Ecotoxicologist. With experience in both the government and academic sector, he has been published over 25 times, is an active peer reviewer across 18 journals and has attracted 1.5 million in grants to fund his research investigating the biological impacts of contaminants in the aquatic environment. He is currently leading the MASTS Scottish Microplastics Research group.
- Author(s)Brian Quinn,Christopher Blair Crawford
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication28/11/2016
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.