All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the microsensing techlogies and systems w available to monitor the quality of air and water within the urban environment and examines their role in the creation of sustainable cities against the background of the challenges posed by rapid urbanization. The opening section addresses the theoretical and conceptual background of microsensing networks. The coverage includes detailed description of microsensors, supported by design-specific equations, and clear explanation of the ways in which devices that harvest energy from ambient sources can detect and quantify pollution. The practical application of such systems in addressing environmental impacts within cities and in sustainable urban planning is then discussed with the aid of case studies in developing countries. The book will be of interest to all who wish to understand the benefits of microsensing networks in promoting sustainable cities through better delivery of information on health hazards and improved provision of data to environmental agencies and regulatory bodies in order to assist in monitoring, decision-making, and regulatory enforcement.
- Author BiographySaurabh Sinha obtained his Ph.D. degree in Electronic Engineering from the University of Pretoria, South Africa. He has authored or co-authored over 85 publications in peer-reviewed journals and at international conferences. In addition, he is the managing editor of the South African Institute of Electrical Engineers (SAIEE) Africa Research Journal. Prof. Sinha served University of Pretoria for over a decade, his last service being as Director of the Carl and Emily Fuchs Institute for Microelectronics. Since 2013 he has been Executive Dean of the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment at the University of Johannesburg. He was the 2014-2015 Vice-President, IEEE Educational Activities and serves on the IEEE Board of Directors.
- Author(s)Johannes Lambrechts,Saurabh Sinha
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication20/01/2016
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleSmart Sensors, Measurement and Instrumentation
- Series Part/Volume Number18
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note93 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight695 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.