All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou won't find any fluff here. This book is written in a direct, to-the-point style to help you get what you need and continue working in NAV. At the same time it provides eugh explanation so that you understand what we are doing and why it is necessary. In many programming books you will find yourself searching through paragraph after paragraph to try to find what you are looking for. That's t the case here. Each recipe starts with a short description of what it will teach. It is immediately followed with directions, usually with illustrations, of how to perform the task. You will find the explanation of the code at the end, along with some advice for further reading or other tasks you might be interested in. If you are a junior / entry-level NAV developer then the first half of the book is designed primarily for you. You may or may t have any experience programming. It focuses on the basics of NAV programming. It would be best if you have gone through a brief introduction to the NAV client. If you are a mid-level NAV developer, you will find the second half more useful. These chapters explain how to think outside of the NAV box when building solutions. There are also recipes here and there that senior developers will find useful.
- Author BiographyMatt Traxinger graduated from the Georgia Institute of Technology in 2005 with a B.S. in Computer Science, specializing in Human Computer Interaction and Cognitive Science. After college he took a job as an add-on developer using a language he was unfamiliar with for a product he had never heard of: Navision. It turned out to be a great decision. In the years following Matt learned all areas of the product and earned Microsoft Certified Business Solutions Professional certifications in both technical and functional areas of NAV. He continues to stay current with new releases of the product and is certified in multiple areas for versions 4.0, 5.0, and 2009. Currently Matt works in Norcross, GA, for Canvas Systems, one of the largest resellers of new and refurbished computer equipment as an in-house NAV Developer and Business Analyst. He supports multiple offices in the United States as well as locations in the United Kingdom and the Netherlands. In his spare time you can find him on the online communities Mibuso.com and DynamicsUser.net under the name MattTrax, helping others learn more about the Dynamics NAV software.
- Author(s)Matt Traxinger
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight613 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.