All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMulticonductor Transmission-Line Structures Modal Analysis Techniques J. A. Brand Faria This valuable addition to the microwave literature combines a highly accessible presentation with a rigorous treatment of all subjects. A self-contained reference requiring outside source materials, the book includes topics rarely covered in microwave books, such as generalized modal theory or a perturbation approach to modal analysis. Rather than concentrating on specific devices, the author presents theories and methods applicable to the whole class of multiconductor transmission-line structures. The use of the frequency domain quasi-TEM approach in the presentation and discussion of all topics makes the text highly accessible to students. 1993 (0-471-57443-0) 224 pp. Microwave Devices, Circuits and Their Interaction Charles A. Lee and G. Conrad Dalman Emphasizing both linear and nlinear characteristics, this text describes special interactions between circuits and devices that produce particular performance capabilities of solid-state microwave amplifiers and oscillators. The text is divided into three parts. The first part consists of five chapters dealing with microwave circuits, their parameters and methods of characterizing them. The second part deals with microwave solid-state devices for amplifiers and oscillators, including Schottky barrier diodes, microwave transistors, IMPATT diodes, and Gunn diodes. The third part covers interactions that occur when solid-state devices are embedded in microwave circuits, primarily large signal effects occurring in amplifiers and oscillators. The text contains a large number of worked out examples. 1993 (0-471-55216-X) 420 pp.
- Author BiographyAbout the author FRED GARDIOL received his doctorine in applied science from Louvain University, Belgium. Formerly a research and development engineer with Raytheon Company's Special Microwave Devices Operation, Professor Gardiol has been Director of the Electromagnetism and Acoustics Laboratory of the Ecole Polytechnique Federale, Lausanne, Switzerland since 1970. Professor Gardiol's other books include Electromagnetisme and Hyperfrequences and two in English, Introduction to Microwaves and Lossy Transmission Lines. He is also the author of the software package, LOSLIN: Lossy Line Calculations, and has written more than 150 technical articles on microwave theory, loaded and open waveguides, microstrip circuits and antennas, and electromagnetic field analysis.
- Author(s)Fred E. Gardiol
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/04/1994
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleWiley Series in Microwave and Optical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight622 g
- Width166 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $41.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.42Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $25.07
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.