Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $35.22
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
About this product
- DescriptionSmall-scale gas turbines, kwn as Microturbines, represent an exciting new development in gas turbine techlogy. They can run in size from small, human-scale machines down to micro-sized mini-machines that can barely be seen by the naked eye. They also run a great diversity of fuel types, from various types of commercial gases to waste-generated gases. This new book by industry expert Claire Soares will fully describe the various types of microturbines, their applications, and their particular requirements for installation, maintenance and repair. It will explain how a microturbine the size of a refrigerator can power an entire school, hospital or small factory, which is particularly useful for onsite, remote installations. The book will also show how microturbines can be paired with one or more fuel cells to form a hybrid energy source, or can be teamed with any source of distributed power, such as a mall hydro-turbine or a wind turbine. Moreover, the reader will learn how microturbines can run on a variety of fuels that are far cruder than those required by most standard gas turbines; they can be made to run, for instance, using gas from a landfill or biomass source. The reader will find detailed information on costs, specifications, and maintenance and repair guidelines. Ample references and resources will provide the reader with tools for finding manufacturers and product specifications for their own particular needs.
- Author BiographyClaire Soares is an ASME Fellow and industry consultant with more than 20 years' experience at such leading manufacturers of gas turbines as GE and Rolls Royce. Claire is a recognized turbomachinery specialist with particular expertise in optimal design selection and specification, and ensuring long-term successful operation for a given application.
- Author(s)Claire Soares
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication11/09/2007
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content NoteApprox. 150 illustrations
- Weight830 g
- Width184 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.