All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionAs librarians move into the middle of their careers, they are more ready than ever to take on new leadership opportunities. Literature on leadership is expanding in the field of library and information sciences, and more and more seminars and workshops are being offered for new and seasoned leaders. This book asks the questions: 'What about us?' and, 'Where is the leadership advice and training for those who are longer new librarians, but are also t yet seasoned leaders?' The title illustrates how to work the middle, from being in the sophomore slump progressing to the next leaders in the field, to look for perspectives from others who are in the middle of their career, and how they have developed into leaders, ways to develop one's own style of leadership and grow one's career and future as a librarian and information professional.
- Author BiographyDawn Lowe-Wincentsen is the Portland Operations librarian at the Oregon Institute of Technology. She graduated with her MLIS from Louisiana State University in 2003, though she has been in libraries in various forms since her first job as a student assistant in the library at Linfield College in 1996. Dawn has written other various works including co-authoring A Leadership Primer for New Librarians: Tools for Helping Today's Early Career Librarians Become Tomorrow's Library Leaders (2009). Linda Crook is Science Librarian and Assistant Professor at Washington State University, where she is the liaison to the College of Pharmacy. She received her MLIS from the University of Washington iSchool in 2000. She has been working in libraries since 1991, including time as student assistant, paraprofessional, and librarian; in a public library, a special library, and academic libraries; as lead, supervisor, division head, and branch library head. Linda is active in the American Library Association where she participated in the 2008 Emerging Leaders program. Her other works include a contribution to A Leadership Primer for New Librarians: Tools for Helping Today's Early Career Librarians Become Tomorrow's Library Leaders (2009).
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication14/12/2010
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleChandos Information Professional Series
- Place of PublicationOXford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight470 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byDawn Lowe-Wincentsen,Linda Crook
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.