Consider these sponsored items
- AU $40.09Was:AU $74.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 1950s house was a scientific triumph. It had been designed in a laboratory and tested on inhabitants of all ages before being built for the masses. Never had the home been so contemporary - antiques and period styles were banished for an entire decade as householders concentrated on achieving a complete 'look' for the home. Mid-Century Modern explores the interior decor of this time, concentrating on all aspects of a home's decoration - walls, flooring, surfaces, lighting and, of course, furniture. The book goes on to feature case studies illustrating beautiful contemporary homes that exhibit the mid-century style in an exemplary way and reveal how the 1950s look, complete with collector's pieces, can be mixed and matched with interior elements of other styles and from other eras.
- Author BiographyBradley Quinn FRSA is an author and curator based in London, where he has presented the work of leading artists and designers in exhibitions based on his books. Bradley is also the author of Chinese Style and Scandinavian Style published by Conran Octopus, and Techno Fashion and The Fashion of Architecture published by Berg Publishers. A journalism graduate, Bradley also completed a master's degree in History of Art at the University of London, and has been elected a Fellow of the Royal Society.
- Author(s)Bradley Quinn
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication15/10/2004
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintConran Octopus Ltd
- Out-of-print date13/01/2011
- Content NoteIll.160col.ill.
- Weight1034 g
- Width241 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine21 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.