All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.32Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionSet during the early part of the 19th century, George Eliot's Middlemarch is a work of epic scope that centers on the intersecting lives of the inhabitants of the fictitious titular town of Middlemarch. The themes of the vel are as numerous as its characters. Through the narrative of the story the author addresses the status of women, the nature of marriage, politics, religion, and education in the 19th century. The story is principally concerned with the lives of Dorothea Brooke, an energetic, intelligent, wealthy young woman and of Tertius Lydgate, an idealistic, talented, yet naive young doctor. Strong parallels can be drawn between the two characters; they both have great aspirations in their work and find themselves in marriages in which they are t happy with. In addition, numerous sub-plots draw together the lives of the inhabitants of the town. Considered one of the great achievements of English literature, George Eliot's Middlemarch was immensely popular upon its original publication and remains to this day one of the finest examples of the author's prolific and accomplished literary career. This edition is printed on premium acid-free paper.
- Author(s)George Eliot
- Date of Publication20/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight807 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.