Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe weary traveller passing through Middleton in days of old would have witnessed a more pastoral, idyllic scene that we can only imagine. Just what kind of reception would one have been greeted with when stopping off at Ye Olde Boar's Head back in the 1700s? Was it a stern set of 'rules of the inn' or a warm, hearty welcome to the town when the pace of life was much slower and the streets were devoid of the traffic and crowds we see today? The advent of photography brought scenes as they were from the mid-1800s onwards, demonstrating a true reflection of life on the streets. Many of these early captured scenes have been transformed beyond recognition but a surprising number remain relatively untouched. This book follows a journey of exploration, meandering from rth to south, to look at just how much or how little has changed in Middleton Through Time.
- Author BiographyColette Wagstaffe is well known in Middleton for her work on the town's community website entitled 'Middletonia'. With an interest in history, and in particular the history of buildings and architecture, Colette writes many articles on her website in order to inform residents and visitors about the town, and to share her interest in the community's culture. She has been researching the history of the town's architecture for over fifteen years. Colette, through her interest in computer programming and photography, is also a keen advocate of digitising historical memorabilia for the benefit and research of the wider community.
- Author(s)Colette Wagstaffe
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/07/2013
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.