All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionWalter Alexander first began running a motor bus service from Falkirk to Grangemouth in 1913 and services have continued in the area ever since, under the auspices of Scottish Motor Traction, Walter Alexander & Co., and latterly Midland Scottish, later privatised and w under the auspices of the First Group. Midland Scottish was the largest bus operator in the districts of Stirling, Clackmannanshire and Falkirk and was responsible for services in and around the towns of Stirling, Falkirk, Linlithgow, Grangemouth, Bo'ness and Oban. In this book, bus driver and local historian Walter Burt uses a collection of period and contemporary images to give the reader a stalgic look back at the history of Midland Scottish and its vehicles from the first omnibuses operated by Walter Alexander to the double-deckers of First Group today.
- Author BiographyWalter Burt has been driving buses for Stagecoach Fife for 16 years, working from the Dunfermline depot. He also runs the successful fifescottish.com website and is married with two children. His previous books for Amberley include Fife Buses, Dunfermline and West Fife's Trams and Buses and Kirkcaldy and Central Fife's Trams and Buses.
- Author(s)Walter Burt
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication14/08/2014
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Weight295 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.