All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe past decade has been characterized by remarkable advances in meteorological observation, computing techniques, and data-visualization techlogy. However, the benefit of these advances can only be fully realized with the introduction of a systematic, applied approach to meteorological education that allows well-established theoretical concepts to be applied to modernized observational and numerical datasets. This textbook, which covers syptic-dynamic meteorology, syptically driven mesoscale phemena, weather forecasting, and numerical weather prediction, links theoretical concepts to modern techlogy and facilitates the meaningful application of concepts, theories, and techniques using real data. As such, it will both serve those planning careers in meteorological research and weather prediction and provide a template for the application of modern techlogy in a classroom and laboratory setting.
- Author BiographyGary Lackmann is professor of atmospheric sciences in the Department of Marine, Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences at North Carolina State University.
- Author(s)Gary Lackmann
- PublisherAmerican Meteorological Society
- Date of Publication07/02/2012
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Meteorological Society
- Content Noteillustrated in colour throughout
- Weight880 g
- Width205 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.49Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.