All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.79Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.01
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.59
- AU $46.06Trending at AU $53.98
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $41.07
About this product
- DescriptionAt once sobering and inspiring, here is the true tale of a World War I cavalry soldier and his heroic horse, Midnight. Guy Haydon raised and trained Midnight from the time she was a foal. The two had such a strong bond that when World War I broke out, Lieutenant Haydon slipped away from the frontlines of Gallipoli on an Egypt-bound ship to reunite with his horse. There, in the city of Beersheba, on October 31, 1917, two regiments of the Australian Light Horse Brigade took part in one of the last great cavalry charges in history. Among the first to leap the enemy trenches was Lieutenant Guy Haydon, riding Midnight who succumbed to a bullet that might have otherwise killed her rider. In a new story from an award-winning duo, lumius illustrations and lyrical narration bring a sad moment in history to life.
- Author BiographyMark Greenwood is the award-winning author of The Greatest Liar on Earth and The Donkey of Gallipoli, both illustrated by his wife, Frane Lessac. They live with their two children in Western Australia. Frane Lessac, the illustrator of more than thirty children s books, has exhibited her artwork in London, Paris, New York, Los Angeles, and the Caribbean. Originally from New Jersey, she now lives in Western Australia.
- Author(s)Mark Greenwood
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication09/03/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width262 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Frane Lessac
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.