All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionMigrations and the Media critically explores the global reporting of migration crises, bringing together a range of original interdisciplinary research from the fields of migration studies and journalism, media and cultural studies. Its chapters examine, empirically and theoretically, some of the most important contemporary political, cultural and social issues with which migration is entwined, developing existing and new conceptual understandings of how forced migration and other instances of migration are represented and constructed as crises in different international contexts, including within news narratives on human trafficking and smuggling, asylum seeking and humanitarian reporting, climate refugees, undocumented and ecomic migrants, and in election debates and policy making. This edited volume also examines the reporting practices through which migration coverage is produced, including the rights and responsibilities of journalism and the presuppositions and pressures upon journalists working in this area.
- Author BiographyKerry Moore is a lecturer at Cardiff University in the School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies. She is currently working on a book entitled Racialised Crises: Asylum, Ethnicity and the Media (forthcoming, 2013). Bernhard Gross is a senior lecturer in journalism at the University of the West of England, Bristol. He has a MA in newspaper journalism from Syracuse University and is working on his PhD at Cardiff University. A former journalist, he has been focusing his academic research on media representations of migration as well as discourses of the nation on television news. Terry Threadgold is Professor of Communication and Cultural Studies in the School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies and Pro Vice Chancellor, Staff and Diversity, at Cardiff University. She is the author of Feminist Poetics: Poeisis, Performance, Histories (1997), and co-editor of Shoot First and Ask Questions Later: Media Coverage of the 2003 Iraq War (Peter Lang, 2006).
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2011
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleGlobal Crises and the Media
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byBernhard Gross,Kerry Moore,Terry Threadgold
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.