Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionYeryomin's 'miniatures' thrill by their fierce attention to natural details and by their startling, revelatory juxtapositions. In these deft, astute English translations by J. Kates, Yeryomin's clear-eyed vision arrives intact--lumius, precise, and bracing. --Cyrus Cassells Yeryomin, whose name the Russians often mention next to Brodsky, has written the body of work that is inimitable in its scope and range; whose musical and metaphorical textures amaze one t just by what they say, but also what they withhold. --Ilya Kaminsky Mikhail Yeryomin, born in 1936, lives in St. Petersburg, Russia. J. Kates is a poet, literary translator, and the president and co-director of Zephyr Press.
- Author BiographyMikhail Yeryomin: Mikhail Fyodorovich Yeryomin was born in 1936 in the northern Caucasus but grew up in Leningrad, where he studied in the Philology Department of the Leningrad State University and graduated from the Herzen Institute. J Kates: J. Kates is a poet, literary translator and the president and co-director of Zephyr Press, a non-profit press that focuses on contemporary works in translation from Russia, Eastern Europe, and Asia.
- Author(s)Mikhail Yeryomin
- PublisherWhite Pine Press
- Date of Publication11/11/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleThe Cliff Becker Book Prize in Translation
- Place of PublicationBuffalo
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWhite Pine Press
- Weight185 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Translated byJ. Kates
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.