Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionProfessional Military Education (PME) is broader and more rigorous than is widely understood in the United States. Improving educational programs within the military service branches is at the very center of ongoing force transformation efforts and advanced educational opportunities occur at various, set levels of military experience. Military education increasingly conforms to standards imposed by outside civilian accrediting bodies and is mandated and monitored, to an extent, by Congress. Military Educationexplores this often-overlooked area of education within the context of the modern military force structure. In this unique work, Watson chronicles the evolution of professional military education during the last sixty years. Careful to draw distinctions between training and education, she briefly traces the history of PME and examines some of the major personalities involved in shaping it, as well as the evolution of the curriculum stressed in PME programs. Her narrative, combined with key documents, a glossary, and a timeline of important events, dispels popular tions of an uneducated military force.
- Author BiographyCynthia A. Watson has been Professor of Strategy at the National War College since 1992, serving as a core course director, Associate Dean of Faculty and Curriculum, Director of Faculty Development, and Director of Electives. She earned a Master's Degree from the London School of Economics and a Doctorate from the University of Notre Dame. Dr. Watson has authored several books on security issues, including Nation-Building (2004), U.S. National Security (one of CHOICE's top books of 2002), U.S. National Security Interest Groups (Greenwood, 1990), and was contributing co-editor of Political Role of the Military (Greenwood, 1996). She has written many articles as well. Her current research interests revolve around China's growing role in Latin America.
- Author(s)Cynthia A. Watson
- Date of Publication28/02/2007
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleContemporary Military, Strategic, and Security Issues
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.