Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe Roosevelt administration tried to deport them. The FBI spied on them. The British wanted to arrest them. But ne of that could stop the Bergson Group from forging ahead with its campaign for rescue of Jews from the Holocaust in 1943-1944. Their rallies, lobbying in Washington, and hundreds of newspaper advertisements shook the American public and forced the Allies to face the Nazi gecide. In these pages, the late Samuel Merlin, one of the group's leaders, tells the remarkable story of a handful of activists --Jews and Christians-- who helped change history. Merlin's account is edited and antated by ted Holocaust historian Rafael Medoff.
- Author BiographySamuel Merlin (1910-1996) was one of the leaders of the Bergson Group, which during the 1940s organized public campaigns for the rescue of Jews from the Holocaust and creation of a Jewish state. Dr. Rafael Medoff is founding director of The David S. Wyman Institute for Hoocaust Studies, in Washington, D.C., and has authored twelve books about the Holocaust, Zionism, and Jewish history.
- Author(s)Samuel Merlin
- PublisherDavid S. Wyman Institute for Holocaust Studies
- Date of Publication23/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDavid S. Wyman Institute for Holocaust Studies
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byProfessor Rafael Medoff
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.