All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYoung slave Milon starts his journey at home in Athens. When he sets sail on a ship bound for Italy his adventures really begin. He narrowly escapes with his life in Pompei as the great volca Vesuvius erupts and destroys the town; he experiences the colourful life of the metropolis of Alexandria in Egypt, and he faces a battle for life and death in the Colosseum in Rome. When he meets a small community of Christians in Rome, he finally gains his freedom and finds a purpose in life. At the centre of the story is Milon's relationship with a wounded lion who he bravely helps. Will the lion remember him and return the favour when Milon faces death at the hands of the mighty Roman emperors? This classic story presents the world of the early Christians in an engaging way for children. It is ideal for use in Steiner-Waldorf Class 6 (age 11-12).
- Author BiographyJakob Streit (1910-2009) was born in Switzerland. He studied natural history and history of art and worked as a teacher both in child and adult education. He wrote more than forty books which were published in more than twenty languages.
- Author(s)Jakob Streit
- PublisherFloris Books
- Date of Publication22/09/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFloris Books
- Content Note10 b/w illustrations
- Weight235 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byWolfgang Forsthofer,Auriol de Smidt
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.53
- AU $11.09Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $53.27
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.01
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.68
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $12.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.