All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionYoung Milton has a social and learning disability but just like anyone else, he has an interest and a hobby - he enjoys collecting buttons! Milton never shares his amazing button collection with anyone at school because he is t comfortable interacting with others. Joan, a kind classmate, decides to reach out to Milton and introduces him to her friends. Milton's new friends show him that his buttons can be used to make remarkable creations. Joan's decision to include Milton encourages others to do the same and help give Milton a new level of comfort when socializing. This story is intended to highlight the importance of social inclusion for the developmental well-being of all children.
- Author BiographyChelsea McKnight is an Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Therapist and Instructor who assists young adults and children diagnosed with Autism. Her past experience as a youth counselor for the Boy's and Girls club and her B.A. in Human studies and Early Childhood Education, inspired her to write and illustrate a children's book that motivates children to be friendly to their peers and find a connection with them through their differences. Chelsea received her degree at Saint Mary's college of Maryland in 2011.
- Author(s)Chelsea McKnight
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight73 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.