CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.82Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.01
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.59
- AU $46.12Trending at AU $53.98
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $41.07
About this product
- DescriptionMimi's life is off the rails since the sudden loss of her mother. What will it take to pull her and her family together? A spot-on, witty, and genuinely moving vel. One hundred and forty-nine days ago, Mimi's mam died. Everyone's given up. Dad keeps burning pizzas, and he doesn't smile anymore. Sally wears only black w and has a terrible secret. Cor plays the drums all night and keeps the neighbors awake. The dog, Sparkler, hasn't been walked in months. And that's t even counting how terrible things are at school. But Mimi isn't one to give up. In his solo vel debut, John Newman has crafted a story both touching and comic-- a portrait of loss, compassion, and the power that comes from sticking together.
- Author BiographyJohn Newman was born in Dublin and worked as a folklore collector, a civil servant, and an accountant before he became an elementary schoolteacher. He is the co-author of eleven books for children. Mimi is his first solo novel. John Newman lives in Ireland.
- Author(s)Professor John Newman
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication23/08/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Weight313 g
- Width137 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.