All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the critically acclaimed author of THIS BOOK IS GAY, James Dawson, w writing as Ju Dawson. We all have a mind, so we all need to take care of our mental health as much as we need to take care of our physical health. And the first step is being able to talk about our mental health. Ju Dawson leads the way with this frank, factual and funny book, with added information and support from clinical psychologist Dr Olivia Hewitt. Covering topics from anxiety and depression to addiction, self-harm and personality disorders, Ju and Olivia talk clearly and supportively about a range of issues facing young people's mental health - whether fleeting or long-term - and how to manage them. With real-life stories from young people around the world and witty illustrations from Gemma Correll.
- Author BiographyJuno Dawson (Author) Queen of Teen 2014 Juno Dawson is the multi award-winning author of dark teen thrillers HOLLOW PIKE, CRUEL SUMMER, SAY HER NAME and UNDER MY SKIN, written under the name James Dawson. In 2015, she released her first contemporary romance, ALL OF THE ABOVE. Her first non-fiction book, BEING A BOY, tackled puberty, sex and relationships in a frank and funny fashion, and a follow-up for young LGBT people, THIS BOOK IS GAY, came out in 2014. Juno is a regular contributor to Attitude Magazine, GT and the Guardian and has contributed to news items concerning sexuality, identity, literature and education on BBC Women's Hour, Front Row, This Morning and Newsnight. Juno's titles have received rave reviews and her books have been translated into more than ten languages. In 2015, Juno announced her transition to become a woman, having previously lived as James Dawson. She writes full time and lives in Brighton. Follow Juno on Twitter: @junodawson or on Facebook at Juno Dawson Books. Olivia Hewitt (Author) Dr Olivia Hewitt is a clinical psychologist who has worked in the NHS since 2003. Whilst at university in north Wales she met co-author Juno Dawson. She went on to train at the University of Oxford. Since then she has specialised in working with people with a learning disability as well as writing for academic journals and lecturing at the universities of Southampton and Oxford. Outside of work, Olivia can be found reading detective novels and helping out on the farm. She lives with her husband in Oxfordshire. Gemma Correll (Illustrator) Illustrator Gemma Correll is one of the few people in the universe who has managed to turn her love of pugs into a lucrative career. She has exhibited her illustrations all over the world: in China, the US and Europe, and was the recipient of a Young Guns award from the Art Directors Club of New York in 2010. She's a serial punner with a crush on all things cartoony and studied Graphic Design in Norwich. Her favourite colour is turquoise, her star sign is Aquarius and her favourite word is Albuquerque, just in case you were wondering. Follow Gemma on Twitter: @gemmacorrell.
- Author(s)Dr. Olivia Hewitt,Juno Dawson
- PublisherHot Key Books
- Date of Publication07/01/2016
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHot Key Books
- Weight170 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Gemma Correll
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.85Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.72Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.16Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.50Trending at AU $45.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.