All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionDeath is a subject which has always been high on the philosophical agenda. But strangely eugh the historically and traditionally most important aspect of that subject -- the so-called transcendent problem of death (i.e. the question of what actually happens to mind or consciousness after physical death) is almost taboo-laden within modern academic philosophy. The main parts of this book deal with questions concerning the viability of preconditions such as mind-body dualism, a substance-theory of mind, a n-reductionist view of personal identity, the tion of a minimal self , the persistence of the phemenal w etc. An understanding of the ontology of mind is achieved, which indicates the possibility of a revival of some old and extremely important questions which are commonly and unjustly neglected -- for instance the transcendent problem of death.
- Author(s)Erich Klawonn
- PublisherUniversity Press of Southern Denmark
- Date of Publication09/11/2009
- Place of PublicationOdense
- Country of PublicationDenmark
- ImprintUniversity Press of Southern Denmark
- Weight292 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.