All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThrough acute observation and vivid illustration - drawing on every aspect of life from soap operas, speech patterns and gardening to education and the distribution of wealth - he demolishes the illusion that we live in a classless society and shows how the worst-off in Britain today are more culturally deprived than their parents or grandparents. The author's solutions, like his explanations of what has gone wrong, are original, surprising and unsparing to intellectuals and politicians of all parties.
- Author BiographyFerdinand Mount is a former editor of the TLS and columnist for the Sunday Times. He was head of the Number Ten Policy Unit and director of the Centre for Policy Studies. He is the author of several books including most recently his memoir, Cold Cream, which was a widely acclaimed bestseller. He is married with three grown-up children and lives with his wife in Islington.
- Author(s)Ferdinand Mount
- PublisherShort Books Ltd
- Date of Publication04/02/2010
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShort Books Ltd
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.