All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHere is an accessible and encouraging exploration of how and why to apply the Zen art of mindfulness to transform our 'issues' with food. Whether we are overweight or suffer from an eating disorder, learning to eat mindfully can liberate us from the suffering we experience with food. Practiced for centuries in the Zen tradition, mindful eating is an approach that involves bringing one's full attention to the process of eating - becoming fully present to the tastes, smells, thoughts, and feelings that arise during a meal. Preliminary research funded by the American National Institutes of Health indicates that mindfulness is effective in treating eating disorders.Dr. Bays, a physician and Zen teacher, offers a wonderfully clear presentation of what mindfulness is and how it can help us create a healthier relationship with food. In Mindful Eating she shows us how to rediscover the simple act of eating, thereby gaining control of our eating problems from the inside out. Along the way, she reviews the relevant research, offers medical information, and presents numerous practical exercises drawn from her workshops. Through mindful eating, we t only overcome our issues with food, but we can reawaken our sense of pleasure and satisfaction. This book shows us how.
- Author BiographyJan Chozen Bays, MD, is a Zen master in the White Plum lineage of the late master Taizan Maezumi Roshi. She serves as a priest and teacher at the Jizo Mountain Great Vow Zen Monastery in Clatskanie, Oregon. She is also a pediatrician who specializes in the evaluation of children for abuse and neglect.
- Author(s)Jan Chozen Bays
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication31/03/2009
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShambhala Publications Inc
- Weight308 g
- Width151 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-Audio
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.