All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionSix million years ago, the evolving human brain existed only to instruct our bodies to move. In Mindful Walking, psychologist Hugh O'Dovan takes us back to this very basic connection between the brain and the body, and looks at how, by focussing on the simple act of moving, we can achieve better emotional and physical health. Uniting this concept of mindfulness in movement along with the three paths of change for a better life - walking, talking and meditation - this book shows us how we can better manage the distractions that clog our path to happiness, while also improving our physical well-being. Including simple exercises on how to incorporate mindful walking into our everyday lives, Mindful Walking is for seasoned walkers, city amblers or people learning how to walk again after illness. Take your first steps on the journey to physical health and mental happiness.
- Author BiographyHugh O'Donovan is a Registered Psychologist (Work), Performance Coach and former Army Officer. As well as being Principal of Hugh O'Donovan and Associates (www.hoda.ie), Hugh has a passionate interest in and commitment to applying the best practice, evidence-based insights of psychology (positive), coaching psychology and contemplative neuroscience, in order to enhance the life experience, work performance and well-being of individuals, groups and organisations. Hugh is Co-Founder of the 1st Masters in Coaching Psychology to be delivered in an Irish University (UCC) and Programme Co-Director on the Higher Diploma in Coaching/Coaching Psychology, also in UCC. He is an honorary Vice-President of the International Society for Coaching Psychology, published author in the coaching domain and conference speaker. He lives in Cork with his wife Michele and his daughters Aoife and Jean. In his spare time, he likes to cook, trek to high remote places, enjoy good company and explore archaeological artefact, and preferably all at the one time. His next trip is to Patagonia.
- Author(s)Hugh O'Donovan
- PublisherHachette Books Ireland
- Date of Publication31/12/2015
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationCastleknock
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintHachette Books Ireland
- Weight230 g
- Width136 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.