Mindfully Green: A Personal and Spiritual Guide to Whole Earth Thinking by Stephanie Gaza (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.65Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by coochiecool
- Est. delivery by 5 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this wise and compassionate book (full of 'all the impossibly gnarly problems that face us on this planet'), featuring a foreword by Susan Murphy, Stephanie Kaza helps awaken in the reader a state of 'green practice'. She describes this as a skilful propensity to become aware and creative towards the engulfing environmental disaster of our time without becoming paralysed. While practical approaches to an eco-responsible lifestyle offer important first steps, it is critical that we ground these actions in a broader understanding so that we can effect real change in the world. The 'green practice path' helps us find a personal connection with green living that will sustain us on our journey. It allows us to deeply sense the generosity of the earth and develops in us the desire to respond in kind, with actions that are born from gratitude and love for the planet that gave us life itself. In this book, Stephanie Kaza offers a simple, Buddhist-inspired philosophy for undertaking environmental action in real, practical and effective ways. Her wise insights help us discover new ways to think more deeply about our impact on the natural world, engage in environmental change, and make green living a personal practice based in compassion and true conviction.
- Author BiographyStephanie Kaza is Professor of Environmental Studies at the University of Vermont and a leading Buddhist teacher. She is coeditor (with Kenneath Kraft) of Dharma Rain: Sources of Buddist Environmentalism and the editor of Hooked! Buddhist Writings on Greed, Desire, and the Urge to Consume.
- Author(s)Stephanie Gaza
- PublisherFinch Publishing
- Date of Publication10/03/2009
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLane Cove
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintFinch Publishing
- Weight196 g
- Width135 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.