All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Five Mindfulness Trainings (also referred to as Precepts )--t to kill, steal, commit adultery, lie, or take intoxicants--are the basic statement of ethics and morality in Buddhism. Zen Master and peace activist Thich Nhat Hanh argues eloquently for their applicability in our daily lives and on a global scale. Nhat Hanh discusses the value and meaning of each precept, offering insights into the role that it could play in our changing society. <p/>Thich Nhat Hanh calls the trainings a diet for a mindful society. With this book he offers a Buddhist contribution to the current thinking on how we can come together to define secular, moral guidelines that will allow us to explore and sustain a sane, compassionate, and healthy way of living. The Five Mindfulness Trainings offer a path to restoring meaning and value in our world, whether called virtues, ethics, moral conduct, or precepts they are guidelines for living without bringing harm to others.
- Author BiographyThich Nhat Hanh is one of the most revered Zen teachers in the world today. His best-selling books include Happiness and Peace Is Every Step. He lives in Plum Village in southwest France, where he gardens, writes, and teaches the art of mindful living.
- Author(s)Thich Nhat Hanh
- PublisherParallax Press
- Date of Publication07/03/2014
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintParallax Press
- Weight181 g
- Width124 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.