All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAccessible and practical, this book provides a unified framework for integrating acceptance and mindfulness into cognitive-behavioral practice. The authors interweave elements of acceptance and commitment therapy, mindfulness-based cognitive therapy, mindfulness-based relapse prevention, and dialectical behavior therapy. They demonstrate how to conduct an assessment, develop a case formulation, and derive a flexible treatment plan for each patient. Vivid case examples and transcripts illustrate the entire process of therapy, showing how treatment can be tailored for different presenting problems and concerns. More than two dozen reproducible handouts and forms are included.
- Author BiographyLizabeth Roemer, PhD, is Professor of Psychology at the University of Massachusetts/n-/Boston, where she is actively involved in research and clinical training of doctoral students in clinical psychology. In collaboration with her students, her research examines basic processes that may underlie clinical problems, such as the role of emotional acceptance, emotional suppression, emotion regulatory strategies, and mindfulness in a range of clinical presentations. Dr. Roemer has published over 70 journal articles and book chapters, coedited two books, and coauthored two books. Susan M. Orsillo, PhD, is Professor of Psychology at Suffolk University in Boston, Massachusetts. Her current research focuses on the role of emotional response styles, most notably experiential avoidance, in maintaining psychological difficulties. In collaboration with her doctoral students in clinical psychology, she has developed a number of prevention and treatment programs that integrate acceptance and mindfulness with evidence-based behavioral approaches. Dr. Orsillo has published over 70 journal articles and book chapters, coedited two books, and coauthored two books. Together, Drs. Roemer and Orsillo have developed an acceptance-based behavioral therapy for generalized anxiety disorder. They are currently examining its efficacy as well as mediators and moderators of change in a study funded by the National Institute of Mental Health. Their self-help book The Mindful Way through Anxiety draws from their decade of research in this area to provide guidance to people struggling with anxiety.
- Author(s)Lizabeth Roemer,Susan M. Orsillo
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication11/01/2011
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleGuides to Individualized Evidence-based Treatment
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight460 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.