Mindfulness and Acceptance: Expanding the Cognitive-behavioral Tradition by Guilford Publications (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $123.88+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionMarsha Linehan - Recipient of the 2012 American Psychological Foundation (APF) Gold Medal Award for Lifetime Achievement in the Application of Psychology! This volume examines the role of mindfulness principles and practices in a range of well-established cognitive and behavioral treatment approaches. Leading scientist-practitioners describe how their respective modalities incorporate such ntraditional themes as mindfulness, acceptance, values, spirituality, being in a relationship, focusing on the present moment, and emotional deepening. Coverage includes acceptance and commitment therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, mindfulness-based cognitive therapy, integrative behavioral couple therapy, behavioral activation, and functional analytic psychotherapy. In every chapter, the authors describe their clinical methods and goals, articulate their theoretical models, and examine similarities to and differences from other approaches both inside and outside behavior therapy.
- Author BiographySteven C. Hayes, PhD, is Nevada Foundation Professor in the Department of Psychology at the University of Nevada. His career has focused on the analysis of the nature of human language and cognition and the application of this to the understanding and alleviation of human suffering. Dr. Hayes has received awards including the Exemplary Contributions to Basic Behavioral Research and Its Applications Award from Division 25 of the American Psychological Association, the Impact of Science on Application Award from the Society for the Advancement of Behavior Analysis, and the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies.Victoria M. Follette, PhD, is Foundation Professor and Chair of the Department of Psychology at the University of Nevada. She heads the Trauma Research Institute of Nevada, using a contextual behavioral approach to understanding the sequelae of trauma. Her areas of interest include taking science into applied treatment and mindfulness- and acceptance-based approaches to treatment.Marsha M. Linehan, PhD, ABPP, the developer of dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), is Professor of Psychology and of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and Director of the Behavioral Research and Therapy Clinics at the University of Washington. Her primary research interest is in the development and evaluation of evidence-based treatments for populations with high suicide risk and multiple, severe mental disorders. Dr. Linehan's contributions to suicide research and clinical psychology research have been recognized with numerous awards, including the 2017 University of Louisville Grawemeyer Award for Psychology and the 2016 Career/Lifetime Achievement Award from the Association for Cognitive and Behavioral Therapies. She is also a recipient of the Gold Medal Award for Life Achievement in the Application of Psychology from the American Psychological Foundation and the James McKeen Cattell Award from the Association for Psychological Science. In her honor, the American Association of Suicidology created the Marsha Linehan Award for Outstanding Research in the Treatment of Suicidal Behavior. She is a Zen master and teaches mindfulness and contemplative practices via workshops and retreats for health care providers.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication09/09/2004
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight528 g
- Width162 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byMarsha M. Linehan,Steven C. Hayes,Victoria M. Follette
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.