Mindfulness and Acceptance in Behavioral Medicine: Current Theory and Practice by Lance M. McCracken (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $72.62+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionClinicians and researchers working in the field of behavioral medicine are in a unique position to help patients access a range of mindfulness and acceptance-based treatment methods for preventing disease, managing symptoms, and promoting overall health. Evidence-based mindfulness approaches such as acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) can form a critical component of treatment, helping patients become active partners in improving or maintaining their health and daily functioning. An essential resource every psychologist, psychiatrist, primary care physician, health care provider, and health educator should own, Mindfulness and Acceptance in Behavioral Medicine presents a series of chapters that feature the latest findings on the efficacy of ACT and other mindfulness therapies for specific conditions and populations and guidance for introducing these therapies to patients. The book also includes information on integrating ACT with other therapeutic approaches and offers mindfulness and self-care principles health care professionals can use themselves to avoid burut and improve patient outcomes. Chronic pain Epilepsy Obesity Diabetes Smoking cessation Insomnia Cancer Terminal illnessThe Mindfulness and Acceptance Practica Series As mindfulness and acceptance-based therapies gain momentum in the field of mental health, it is increasingly important for professionals to understand the full range of their applications. To keep up with the growing demand for authoritative resources on these treatments, The Mindfulness and Acceptance Practica Series was created. These edited books cover a range of evidence-based treatments, such as acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), compassion-focused therapy (CFT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), and mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) therapy. Incorporating new research in the field of psychology, these books are powerful tools for mental health clinicians, researchers, advanced students, and anyone interested in the growth of mindfulness and acceptance strategies.
- Author BiographyEditor Lance M. McCracken, Ph.D., is a consultant clinical psychologist and clinical director of the Centre for Pain Services at the Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases in Bath, UK. He is also a senior lecturer in the department for health and a senior visiting fellow in the department of psychology at the University of Bath. He has more than twenty years of clinical and research experience in chronic pain management and behavioral medicine.
- Author(s)Lance M. McCracken
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication02/03/2011
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Out-of-print date12/03/2013
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.