All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are many things we realise we ought to believe or do as Christians but, if we are honest, find almost impossible. This can lead to feelings of hypocrisy, as we say with our lips what, to our shame, we are t truly living in our lives, even though we long to. This engaging, readable book explores how Mindfulness practice can enable us to reflect on what it might mean to believe certain things, and to make the real changes which enable us to live the Christian life with greater integrity.
- Author BiographyTim Stead is is Vicar of Holy Trinity Headington Quarry (the church where C. S. Lewis worshipped for 30 years). He has practised Christian forms of contemplative prayer for 30 years, and is trained to teach Mindfulness to parish groups through the O.M.C. 'Training Pathway'. He has developed an eight-week course based on the best-selling book Mindfulness: Finding peace in a frantic world by Mark Williams (former director of O.M.C.) and Danny Penman, which he runs at Holy Trinity. Tim is in demand as a speaker at men's mindfulness weekends and gave a well-received talk last year at Greenbelt.
- Author(s)Tim Stead
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication24/03/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.