All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical book has given tens of thousands of clinicians and students a comprehensive introduction to mindfulness and its clinical applications. The book describes the philosophical underpinnings of mindfulness and reviews the growing body of treatment studies and neuroscientific research. Leading practitioners and researchers present clear-cut procedures for implementing mindfulness techniques and teaching them to patients experiencing depression, anxiety, chronic pain, and other problems. Also addressed are ways that mindfulness practices can increase acceptance and empathy in the therapeutic relationship. User-friendly features include illustrative case examples and practice exercises. New to This Edition *Incorporates significant empirical advances--mindfulness has become one of the most-researched areas in psychotherapy. *Most chapters extensively revised or rewritten. *Chapters on practical ethics, trauma, and addictions. *Greater emphasis on the role of acceptance and compassion in mindfulness. See also Sitting Together: Essential Skills for Mindfulness-Based Psychotherapy, by Susan M. Pollak, Thomas Pedulla, and Ronald D. Siegel, a hands-on guide to incorporating mindfulness practices into psychotherapy.
- Author BiographyChristopher K. Germer, PhD, a clinical psychologist in private practice, is Clinical Instructor in Psychology at Harvard Medical School/Cambridge Health Alliance, and a founding faculty member of the Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy (IMP). Dr. Germer is a co-developer of the Mindful Self-Compassion training program, author of The Mindful Path to Self-Compassion, and coeditor of Wisdom and Compassion in Psychotherapy. Ronald D. Siegel, PsyD, is Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychology at Harvard Medical School/Cambridge Health Alliance, where he has taught for over 30 years. He serves on the board of directors and faculty of IMP. Dr. Siegel teaches internationally about mindfulness and psychotherapy and mind-body treatment. His books include The Mindfulness Solution, Wisdom and Compassion in Psychotherapy, and Sitting Together: Essential Skills for Mindfulness-Based Psychotherapy. Paul R. Fulton, EdD, is a clinical psychologist in private practice and Clinical Instructor in Psychology at Harvard Medical School/Cambridge Health Alliance. He was formerly the president of IMP and is currently director of the Certificate Program in Mindfulness and Psychotherapy. Dr. Fulton received lay ordination as a Zen Buddhist in 1972, has been a student of psychology and meditation for over 44 years, is on the board of directors of the Barre Center for Buddhist Studies, and teaches internationally.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication25/08/2016
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight556 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byChristopher K. Germer,Paul R. Fulton,Ronald D. Siegel
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.