All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow to practice mindfulness meditation and bring awareness into everyday life--from the best-selling author of many classic works on meditation. The rewards of mindfulness practice are well proven: reduced stress, improved concentration, and an overall sense of well-being. But those benefits are just the beginning. Mindfulness in action--mindfulness applied throughout life--can help us work more effectively with life's challenges, expanding our appreciation and potential for creative engagement. This guide to mindful awareness through meditation provides all the basics to get you started, but also goes deeper to address the questions that naturally arise as your practice matures and further insight arises. A distillation of teachings on the subject by one of the great meditation masters of our time, this book serves as an introduction to the practice as well as a guide to the ongoing mindful journey.
- Author BiographyCHOGYAM TRUNGPA (1940-1987)--meditation master, teacher, and artist--founded Naropa University in Boulder, Colorado, the first Buddhist-inspired university in North America; the Shambhala Training program; and an international association of meditation centers known as Shambhala International. He is the author of numerous books, including more than 25 published posthumously. Recent titles include Smile at Fear: Awakening the True Heart of Bravery and Work, Sex, Money: Real Life on the Path of Mindfulness. The compiler and editor of Mindfulness in Action, CAROLYN ROSE GIMIAN has edited many books by Chogyam Trungpa including Smile at Fear and Work, Sex, Money: Real Life on the Path of Mindfulness. She is also a meditation teacher whose writing appears frequently in the Shambhala Sun magazine.
- Author(s)Chogyam Trungpa
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication21/06/2016
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintShambhala Publications Inc
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byCarolyn Rose Gimian
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.