All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMindfulness in Positive Psychology brings together the latest thinking in these two important disciplines. Positive psychology, the science of wellbeing and strengths, is the fastest growing branch of psychology, offering an optimal home for the research and application of mindfulness. As we contemplate mindfulness in the context of positive psychology, meaningful insights are being revealed in relation to our mental and physical health. The book features chapters from leading figures from mindfulness and positive psychology, offering an exciting combination of topics. Mindfulness is explored in relation to flow, meaning, parenthood, performance, sports, obesity, depression, pregnancy, spirituality, happiness, mortality, and many other ground-breaking topics. This is an invitation to rethink about mindfulness in ways that truly expands our understanding of wellbeing. Mindfulness in Positive Psychology will appeal to a readership of students and practitioners, as well as those interested in mindfulness, positive psychology, or other relevant areas such as education, healthcare, clinical psychology, counselling psychology, occupational psychology, and coaching. The book explores cutting edge theories, research, and practical exercises, which will be relevant to all people interested in this area, and particularly those who wish to enhance their wellbeing via mindfulness.
- Author BiographyItai Ivtzan is a positive psychologist, a senior lecturer and the program leader of MAPP (Masters in Applied Positive Psychology) at the University of East London (UEL). His research areas are mindfulness, meditation, spirituality and wellbeing. In addition to many journal papers and book chapters, he is the author of several books and the leading author of Second Wave Positive Psychology: Embracing the dark side of life. Tim Lomas is a lecturer at the University of East London, where he is the associate programme leader for the MSc in Applied Positive Psychology and Coaching Psychology. He has published numerous peer-reviewed papers and books in relation to mindfulness, including a monograph based on his PhD, entitled Masculinity, Meditation, and Mental Health.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/03/2016
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight532 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byItai Ivtzan,Tim Lomas
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.