All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearning what mindfulness is-paying attention to the present moment njudgmentally and purposefully-takes mere seconds, but putting mindfulness into practice every moment of every day is a constant struggle. It can take years to develop the mindfulness muscle necessary to find tranquility during stressful, anxious, and uncertain times. Mindfulness to Go presents a fast-track approach to helping readers reap the benefits of mindfulness meditation: decreased anxiety and depression, increased self-acceptance, more fluid adaptation to change, improved concentration and creativity, and enhanced quality of life. These simple off-the-mat meditations are written in a humorous and straightforward style and are designed to fit into everyday tasks. The book includes meditations that can be done in the car, while running errands, at work, while on the computer, and while having conversations with others. With the philosophy that every action, physical or mental, can be mindful or mindless, this pocket guide helps readers choose the mindful path in each aspect of their lives. With practice, mindfulness can become less the product of concentrated thought, and more of a personal natural resource that readers can draw on for greater confidence, flexibility, and focus every moment of every day.
- Author BiographyDavid Harp, MA, is a cognitive behavioral therapy trainer and author of numerous books, including The Three Minute Meditator, Neural Path Therapy, and MetaPhysical Fitness. He specializes in training non-psychologists to consciously control what is commonly known as the fight or flight response, which produces fear and anger. Harp is also an accomplished music and harmonica teacher. He lives in Middlesex, VT.
- Author(s)David Harp
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication21/06/2012
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Weight208 g
- Width130 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.