All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMindsets & Moves is the guide to how to let go of your default roles of assigner, monitor, and inspector and instead shift to a growth mindset by following the 4Ms: *Miner: Uncovering Students' Reading Processes (Focus: Assessment) *Mirror: Giving Feedback That Reinforces a Growth Mindset (Focus: Feedback) *Model: Showing Readers What We Do (Focus: Demonstration] *Mentor: Guiding Students to Try New Ways of Reading (Focus: Guided Practice and Coaching) Easily replicable in any setting, any time, the 4 M framework ultimately lightens the load because they allow students to monitor and direct their reading lives. The book is full of practical examples, lessons, reading process and strategy lists, and a 35-page photo tour of exemplary reading classrooms with captions that distill best practices.
- Author BiographyGravity Goldberg is coauthor of Conferring with Readers: Supporting Each Students' Growth and Independence (Heinemann, 2007) and author of many articles about reading, writing, and professional development. She holds a doctorate in education from Teachers College, Columbia University. She is a former staff developer at Teachers College Reading and Writing Project and an assistant professor at Iona College's graduate education program. She leads a team of literacy consultants in the New York/New Jersey region. Gravity is the author of Mindsets and Moves: Strategies That Help Readers Take Charge, Grades 1-8.
- Author(s)Gravity J. Goldberg
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication10/11/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCorwin Literacy
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.