All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf your loved one has experienced a traumatic brain injury (TBI), you kw that its effects can be devastating and often difficult to understand. It may feel as if your world has shifted on its axis, and you'll never get your bearings. Navigating your way through the morass of doctors, medical terms, and the healthcare system can be daunting, especially when you want only what's best for the person you love. Dr. John Cassidy has devoted the past twenty-five years to helping families cope with traumatic brain injury Mindstorms is his compassionate, comprehensive manual to demystifying this often frightening and life-changing condition. More than 6.3 million Americans live with a severe disability caused by a traumatic brain injury. In fact, because it's so commonplace, but little talked of, TBI is often referred to as the silent epidemic. In these pages, Dr. Cassidy walks you through the different types of brain injury explodes the common myths surrounding it demonstrates the ways in which TBI may affect memory, behaviour, and social interaction explores the newest options in treatment and rehabilitation and shows you how to hold on to your own sense of self as you journey through. Along with the practical information you'll need, Mindstorms offers a constellation of instructive, moving stories from families and patients who are slowly, but surely, finding their way back. Their experiences are sure to inspire you and yours.
- Author BiographyJohn W. Cassidy, MD, an award-winning neouropsychiatrist and former Harvard Medical School professor, founded the traumatic brain injury program at Boston's McLean Hospital and cofounded its neuropsychiatry unit. He is currently the president of Nexus Health Systems and lives in Houston, Texas, with his wife.
- Author(s)John W. Cassidy
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication05/02/2009
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationCamnridge, US
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Lifelong
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight396 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Neal Rohrer
- Foreword byLee Woodruff
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.13
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.