All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis follow-up in the first Mine to Mill book continues the exploration of the American iron ore trade on the Great Lakes from the golden age of picture postcards at the turn of the 20th century through 1980, when the American iron and steel industry was undergoing massive restructurings. Book one ended at the international locks at Sault Ste. Marie; this volume picks up at the Soo and proceeds to the Lower Lake ports on Lakes Erie and Michigan. In each port, explore the wide variety of shore-based machinery, much of it unique to the Lakes, for unloading iron ore and loading coal for the return trip to the Upper Lakes. Postcard collectors, rail and nautical enthusiasts, industrial archaeologists, and lovers of Great Lakes history will relish the 300+ views of the Soo Locks, ore boats, and ports, as well as accurate and comprehensive deltiological information.
- Author BiographyPhillip J. Stager is a retired U.S. Coast Guard officer and naval engineer and lifelong stamp and postcard collector. He has assembled numerous national and international award-winning stamp and postcard exhibits on a wide variety of subjects.
- Author(s)Phillip J. Stager
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2015
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note323 colour photos
- Weight940 g
- Width279 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.